Grants are available to fund summer playschemes for children between the ages of 5-16 years.
Around 35 grants are made each year, with most awarded in the range of £500 to £1,000.
Preference is given to:
- Small local playschemes that provide a wide-ranging programme of activities
- Schemes that involve a large number of children
- Schemes catering for those from disadvantaged backgrounds or that have a disability
- Schemes that are inclusive such as projects that work with children from a range of backgrounds, abilities and race
- Schemes where past users are encouraged to come back and help as volunteers
More information: http://woodwardcharitabletrust.org.uk/childrens-summer-playschemes/