Closing date: 26th July
Full-time, 37 hours per week (fixed term until 31 December 2020)
Based in Leeds
Are you passionate about supporting refugee integration? Do you enjoy working with volunteers?
Migration Yorkshire are looking for an experienced volunteer coordinator. You’ll develop a volunteer programme to recruit and support refugees to deliver training to key public services about ways to be more refugee-friendly. You’ll also explore opportunities for local communities and organisations to work together to improve everyone’s experiences of integration. You’ll be part of ‘Refugee Integration Yorkshire and Humber’, a project aiming to establish a new region-wide approach to integration. It’s co-funded by the European Union Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund.
Key skills and qualities:
- Experience of managing volunteer projects and supporting volunteers
- Experience of successfully developing and delivering new projects
- Able to work collaboratively across teams and sectors
- Enthusiastic about the integration of migrants and about ensuring that Yorkshire and Humber benefits from migration
- Knowledge of the experiences, needs and issues of new refugees
Migration Yorkshire provides leadership and local support across the Yorkshire and Humber region. Find out more about them at www.migrationyorkshire.org.uk.
To apply and for more information, visit https://jobs.leeds.gov.uk/migration-yorkshire-migration-yorkshire-volunteer-community-information-officer/33206.job