The Wessex Youth Trust are interested in supporting projects which provide opportunities to help, support and advance children and young people.
All grant applicants are encouraged to seek funding from a wide range of sources and will be required to provide details of funds already raised in support of the applicant’s appeal.
UK registered charities and self-help organisation which provide opportunities specifically for children and young people may apply (from hospices, hospital beds and incubators to holiday clubs, sports organisations and outreach programmes; from inner city drop-in centres, child protection training and helplines to drug prevention schemes and sex education; from deaf, blind and speech impaired support groups and special needs libraries, to theatre, dance and music-related groups).
- Organisations or groups which are not registered as charities or charitable causes
- In response to applications by, or for the benefit of, individuals
- By means of sponsorship for individuals undertaking fund-raising activities on behalf of any charity
- Organisations or groups whose main objects are to fund or support other charitable bodie
- Charities whose accounts disclose substantial financial resources and which have well established and ample fund-raising capabilities
- Charities with religious objectives, political, industrial or commercial appeal