Closing date: 28th June
Do you have a passion for West Yorkshire and for improving the lives of the people who live, work and study here?
- Do you have a flair for bringing people together to make a positive difference?
- Do you have unique experience or expertise on what works ‘on the ground’ and how best to enable this to grow?
- Do you thrive on change and doing things differently?
West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), Mark Burns-Williamson, is recruiting to his West Yorkshire-wide Violence Reduction Unit, and is looking for enthusiastic and passionate colleagues to work with him to continue to make a real difference to the lives of people across communities in West Yorkshire.
The West Yorkshire Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) brings together specialists from health, police, local government, probation and community organisations to tackle violent crime and the underlying causes of violent crime.
There are a number of posts available to enable partnership delivery during the coming year and they are offering these opportunities to those who are truly motivated to make a real difference.
- Knowledge Hub Manager (POD Salary range £42,789 – £45,909 per annum): This post will be responsible for developing and leading a high quality research, evaluation and analysis function (the Knowledge Hub) within the VRU to ensure an evidence and intelligence-driven approach is taken. Working within a multiagency environment this post will be responsible for bringing together and interpreting knowledge gained from research and data from stakeholders including police, public health, local government, third sector, community leaders and others; ensuring the VRU has a detailed understanding of violence within and across West Yorkshire including its causes and drivers. Role profile
- Senior Analysts (POA Salary range £32,796 – £35,481 per annum): As a VRU Analyst you will manage the coordination, evaluation, analysis and understand data from police, health, local authority and other partner organisations across West Yorkshire to enhance our understanding of the incidence and causes of violent crime and to measure the impact of interventions to prevent and reduce violence. Role profile
- Research & Evaluation Officer (POA Salary range £32,796 -– £35,481 per annum): This post will provide professional research and evaluation expertise to support the delivery of the VRU Response Strategy; establish performance monitoring systems; assist with the evaluation of resourced initiatives and contribute to reports and publications of the VRU. The role plays a key part in establishing a West Yorkshire Violence Reduction Knowledge Hub. Role profile
- Senior Programme Delivery Managers (POD Salary range £42,789 – £45,909 per annum): As a Senior Programme Delivery Manager you will be a pro-active advocate for positive change, managing relations with key stakeholders and taking responsibility for the design and delivery of West Yorkshire VRU system change programmes. You will work with colleagues to embed a public health approach in the delivery of the Violence Reduction Response Strategy to achieve measurable outcomes at district and county level which benefit and make a real difference to West Yorkshire communities. Role profile
- Programme Delivery Managers (SO2 Salary range £31,875 – £33,732 per annum): Located in one of five West Yorkshire Community Safety Partnerships (CSPs) you will be an active advocate for positive change with key stakeholders. Working with partnership colleagues to implement interventions and projects to deliver the Violence Reduction Response Strategy to achieve measurable outcomes at district level which benefit our communities and make a real difference. Role profile
- Community Programme Lead (POB Salary range £35,481 – £38,619 per annum): Listening to people, understanding and working together with our communities is key to the delivery of a successful VRU. The post holder will engage and support the VRU Director and work with the Head of Communications and OPCC Engagement Manger to ensure the effective delivery of consultation and engagement activity. Going further the post holder will raise awareness of the VRU and work with individuals, groups and communities providing positive opportunities for proactive local delivery of interventions contributing to a West Yorkshire which is safe and where people feel safe. Role profile
- Business Support Officer (S4 £20,619 – £22,833 per annum): As Business Support Officer, work closely with VRU colleagues to provide an efficient and effective business support service to ensure the successful delivery of its business. Role profile
- Senior Contracts Officer (SO2 £31,875 – 33,732 per annum): The post holder will work with colleagues and delivery partners to support the delivery services that contribute to the achievement of the VRU through developing and monitoring contracts and service level agreements for commissioned and granted services. Role profile
To apply for any of the opportunities, email your current CV with a covering statement of no more than 1,000 words on how you meet the criteria of the Expertise in Role requirements as set out in the role profile to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line place the role you wish to apply for.
Interview dates are to be confirmed but will be held by Skype or by telephone conference call between 13 and 24 July 2020.
If you would like discuss any of these exciting opportunities in greater detail, please contact the PCC’s Violence Reduction Unit: email@example.com leave your telephone number and they will call you.
All posts are politically restricted and successful candidates will be required to undergo Police vetting prior to any offer of appointment Work for West Yorkshire’s Violence Reduction Unit.